Monday, November 15, 2010

Jubes

Our first couple of weeks in Singapore we would go to the grocery store for dinner stuff and the person that went would also pick out an after dinner snack. It had to be something we'd never tried before. Sweet or salty. Just whatever we saw that intrigued us. One of the first things I bought were "Jubes." They just looked interesting. They look like the pears inside a fruit cup. Surprisingly, there were people that liked them. I was not one of them. I can honestly say it's the strangest thing I've eaten. Not because of the taste though. There are different flavors, all were enjoyed by someone. We have tried Pandan, Grape, Strawberry, and Lichee. I'm sure you're wanting a better description of them. So, I asked each person individually what they thought. Here's what I got.
Mill-"Kinda wiggly and umm.. it sounds a little bit crunchy."

Kati-"Disgusting."

Kori-"Kind of pushy..., so when you sink your teeth into it it's not like a gummy bear. They push into it but you still can't cut it in half with your teeth."

Dad-"I don't know if I can describe it... *long pause* Fruit juice...... Meets styrofoam, meets snot."

Mom-"Little square piece of plastic filled with soft plastic and gross juice, tasting of dead skunk."

Asa- "Like chocolate."

I also think that they taste like juicy Styrofoam. I don't like them. Dad and Asa, especially Asa, chow them down.

Jubes 
 

2 comments:

  1. Found you through your mom's blog! These don't look good at all. Can't wait to see what you try next!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melissa-Thanks for checking it out! And they aren't. Haha. But I've actually seen other people buying them at the grocery store.

    ReplyDelete