Friday, October 1, 2010

Cradle Cap Gone.


I have decided this should be called magic in a tube! Probably wouldn't catch on though. Anyways, it's a line of all natural, organic baby products. And no, I'm not getting a cut by advertising it, I really just love it. Audra was starting to get cradle cap pretty bad and I used the Soothing Cream and after one day, three applications, it's gone. It was amazing. It has probiotics in it, maybe that has something to do with it? Who knows.

Yesterday, some of my mom's friends, gave her a surprise going away party. It was a lot of fun. I enjoy getting out of the house and Audra is big enough now that, if it isn't for a long time, she doesn't get all out of whack. So, for the party one of the things I made was a pie. A peanut butter chocolate pie actually. And I would show you a picture but I forgot to take one. It was delicious though. I think everyone like it. At least they said they did!

Recipe

Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie

3/4 cup peanut butter
3/4 cup sugar plus 1/4 cup for whipping cream
1 8 oz package of cream cheese
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1 bag semi sweet chocolate chips
1 graham cracker crust

Combine the peanut butter, sugar, and cream cheese until smooth and combined. Transfer to a bowl and then with a clean beater - whip up heavy cream and the rest of the sugar.

Fold the whipped cream into the peanut butter mixture and add into the pie shell
Melt the choc chips in the microwave for about 1 1/2 to 2 minutes and either drizzle on top or cover the entire top.

If I knew where I found this recipe I would post it, too but I have no idea.
But after making it I now have a few tips. One, make sure you use cream cheese that actually is room temperature or the whip cream doesn't "fold" into the pie. Also, and most importantly, DO NOT out an entire bag of chocolate chips for the topping. It makes such a thick layer of chocolate that you can not cut through it. I tried and ended up breaking the whole pie in half and some ended up on the floor. So I was thinking, either drizzle chocolate on top or do half of the chocolate on a layer UNDER the pie and then one on top so that they're both thinner or maybe even a mixture of the two.
Try it out. Quick, easy, delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment